Essential vitamins, minerals, herbs, and amino acids work synergistically to provide thyroid support and metabolic boost in just two capsules a day
Benefits of Thyroid Optimizer
- Improved thyroid hormone levels
- Weight loss and body fat burn
- Improved energy and digestion
- Balanced mood and blood sugar
- Reduces oxidative stress to the gland
How to Take
Take 1 capsule twice daily with food
Note: If taking a thyroid medication, separate from use by 4 hours
This formula is appropriate for hypothryoidism of all kinds but not for hyperthyroid or graves disease.
Subscription & Use Tip
Contains 60 capsules which lasts most clients 1 month with typical use
- Safe with breastfeeding
- Not recommended during pregnancy
Not safe for kids
This product also supports
Energy and Performance Thyroid and Adrenals
Thyroid Optimizer is a top-quality, all-in-one formula for the nutritional support of thyroid function. The non-stimulating adaptogenic botanical American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) helps maintain healthy cortisol, blood glucose and insulin levels, along with a balanced conversion of peripheral thyroid hormone. Essential vitamins, minerals, herbs, and amino acids work synergistically to provide a premium thyroid product in just two capsules a day.
The thyroid is one of the body’s main glands. It is responsible for regulating the body’s metabolism and energy production, which affects virtually every tissue and cell. Your body relies on the thyroid gland for fat burning and sugar metabolism; it also affects brain development, bone metabolism, and skin, hair, eyes, heart and intestinal function.
Like all of our glands, the thyroid needs supportive nutrients from food or supplements for it to function properly. The pituitary gland produces thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), which is needed in order to give thyroid cells the message to make thyroxine. Thyroxine, known as T4, needs to be converted into active triiodothyronine, or T3. In order for this conversion to happen successfully, not only must the appropriate precursors and coenzymes be available, but proper levels of the critical hormones cortisol and insulin must also be maintained. Cortisol is our stress-fighting hormone, while insulin is needed to regulate sugar metabolism.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Why Naturally Nourished
- Clinical Results
- Synergistic Formulas
- Third Party Tested
Highlights of Thyroid Optimizer
• American Ginseng root – Helps maintain healthy cortisol, blood glucose and insulin levels, along with a balanced conversion of thyroid hormone.
• Coleus Forskohlii extract – Promotes the proper function of TSH, which stimulates the synthesis and secretion of T3 and T4 thyroid hormones. This herb also supports the normal breakdown of body fat to use as energy.
• Selenium – This mineral is a key constituent in the conversion of T4 to the more active T3. Additionally, selenium supports the generation of a very powerful antioxidant known as glutathione, and reduces the effects of free radicals and mercury to the thyroid gland.
• Potassium Iodine – Iodine is an essential component of thyroid hormones and is necessary for normal thyroid function. If the body is deficient in iodine, the thyroid will have trouble making enough thyroid hormone. Potassium is included as it is necessary for getting thyroid hormones into our cells, and is also very energizing.
• Tyrosine and Copper – Support the production of “feel good” compounds such as dopamine and norepinephrine, which promote a level, stable mood.
• Chromium, Zinc and Manganese – These minerals are needed for support of the thyroid gland by maintaining healthy insulin, glucose and cholesterol levels.
More detailed information about the unique ingredient Coleus Forskohlii Extract
Coleus forskohlii is necessary for a quality thyroid formula for several reasons. Its active constituent forskohlin is a diterpene from the roots of Coleus forskohlii, known to directly activate and increase AMP energy levels in many tissues. This is important because thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) stimulates all steps in the synthesis and secretion of T3 and T4. (reference 10)
Hypothyroid patients need support in the area of fat metabolism. Coleus is known to reduce adipose assimilation and increase the lipolysis of fats. Coleus aids in the following functions:
1) Inhibiting the synthesis of adipose tissue
2) Increasing response to lipolytic hormones, which are produced in less quantity as we age
3) Utilizing stored fat. (reference 10)
It may also play a role in aiding the production of digestive enzymes and supporting the immune system, both of which are helpful for hypothyroid patients.
1. Cancer. 2003 Jul 15;98(2):389-96. Improved radiation protection of the thyroid gland with thyroxine, methimazole, and potassium iodide during diagnostic and therapeutic use of radiolabeled
metaiodobenzylguanidine in children with neuroblastoma. van Santen HM, de Kraker J, van Eck BL, de Vijlder JJ, Vulsma T.
2. Ter Arkh. 2003;75(10):54-7. Iodine prophylaxis in pregnant women living in conditions of goiter endemia.
3. Chin Med J (Engl). 1998 Sep;111(9):854-7. Changes of peripheral tissue thyroid hormone metabolism in rats fed with selenium- and vitamin E-deficient artificial semisynthetic diet. Yue L, Wang F, Li G.
4. J Biol Chem. 2004 Apr 13. High-resolution crystal structures of piscine transthyretin reveal different binding modes for triiodothyronine and thyroxine. Eneqvist T, Lundberg E, Karlsson A, Huang S,
Santos CR, Power DM, Sauer-Eriksson EA.
5. Clin Chim Acta. 2004 Mar;341(1-2):55-63. Supplementation with antioxidants in the treatment of Graves' disease; the effect on glutathione peroxidase activity and concentration of selenium. Vrca
VB, Skreb F, Cepelak I, Romic Z, Mayer L.
6. Acta Med Austriaca. 1993;20(1-2):17-20. Beta-carotene, vitamin A and carrier proteins in thyroid diseases. Aktuna D, Buchinger W, Langsteger W, Meister E, Sternad H, Lorenz O, Eber O.
7. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2003 Summer;93(1-3):9-18. Copper, zinc, and selenium in whole blood and thyroid tissue of people with various thyroid diseases. Kucharzewski M, Braziewicz J, Majewska
U, Gozdz S.
8. Inorg Chem. 1997 Dec 3;36(25):5777-5784. Weak Interactions in Ternary Copper(II) Complexes with Iodotyrosinates. Biological Significance of the Iodines in Thyroid Hormones. Zhang F, Yajima T,
Masuda H, Odani A, Yamauchi O.
9. Biol Trace Elem Res. 1992 Jan-Mar;32:173-85. Clinical implications of trace elements in endocrinology. Neve J.
10. Fifth Edition Textbook of Biochemistry by Thomas Devlin. p. 880, 883
11. Gartner R, et al. Selenium supplementation in patients with autoimmune thyroiditis decreases thyroid peroxidase antibodies concentrations. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002 Apr;87(4):1687-91.
12. Duntas LH, et al. Effects of a six-month treatment with selenomethionine in patients with autoimmune thyroiditis. Eur J Endocrinol 2003 Apr;148(4):389-93.